Come Join Our Team.
Sunset Sign Co. Ltd., is a Canadian owned & operated custom sign fabrication and installation company. Since its inception in 1982, our principle is to provide, unique custom signage for today’s discriminate businesses.
Sunset is currently looking for an experienced, detail-oriented sign maker to add to our ever-expanding team. The ideal candidate should have basic knowledge of sign fabrication, industry materials, finishes and assembly techniques utilizing a variety of materials. Some training will be provided.
Candidate should be familiar with basic electrical wiring, gluing of acrylic and aluminum and have light fabrication knowledge. Experience in a sign shop is essential. Use of hand power tools will be required.
A team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment, the ideal candidate will have 2-3 years sign experience. Interested applicants are invited to email their resume.
Preference will be given to those applicants who have some sign fabrication experience.
POSITION: Sign Fabricator
SUPERVISOR: Carlo Calitri
LOCATION: 65 Cascade Street, Hamilton Ontario
- Responsible for Quality Control
- Follow Health and Safety Policies
- Able to read and write in English
- Able to perform basic arithmetic
- Able to read and interpret Work/Job Orders
- Able to read and interpret Art Drawings
- Able to perform material take-offs from drawings
- Knowledge of materials
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to use a computer (company log-in and job tracking required)
- Cut various raw materials such as aluminum, steel, and plastics
- Gluing of aluminum and acrylic
- Light fabrication knowledge such as fitting and assembling parts
- Sanding and prep for paint
- Basic electrical wiring (LED’s)
- Operate various hand tools
- Operate a measuring tape
- Clean and maintain work area(s)
- Other duties as Assigned
- Provide on the job training to new employees performing the same duties
- Provide technical support to lower pay grade employees
- Help maintain raw materials inventories
- Storage of raw materials within their department(s)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Good communication skills (reading, writing and arithmetic required)
- Training will be provided for operating a shear, operating a brake former, reading shop drawings/blueprints.
- The working conditions are normal for a manufacturing plant / environment. The work involves frequent lifting of materials and products up to 50 pounds. All material operations required but not limited to Safety Glasses, hearing Protection and safety Shoes/Boots.
Training / Certificated Required:
- 2 – 3 years of Sign Fabrication experience