A great career starts with choosing the right company. We currently are looking for talented individuals to fill the following positions. We thank all the applicants for their submissions, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
General Manager & Company Integrator
DEPARTMENT Senior Management
LOCATION Stoney Creek, Ontario
REPORTS TO President and Founder of Sunset Neon
There is an immediate opening for a General Manager who will act as the company Integrator. In that role, you will be the link that brings departments together and ensures priorities and responsibilities are clear to all. The right person for this role will drive change, where needed to fulfill the vision and annual goals of both the Key Management Team and corporate ownership. You are resourceful with planning the strategic direction of the organization and will identify new opportunities in growth and cost reduction that are synergistic with existing operations. If you’ve had a successful implementation record in his type of role, thrive in a fast-paced custom manufacturing environment, and hold the philosophy that teams are best lead by example (accompanied by support and accountability), this could be a fit for you.
KEY CUSTOMERS SERVED
- Key Canadian and US companies that require lighted and non-lighted displays and signage
- All affiliate marketers and commissioned third party sales entities
- Corporate ownership.
- Meet annual financial budget and business plan.
- Maintain a safe, productive and nurturing work environment for all operational departments, all the while upholding our Core Values and respect for all concerned.
- Analyze the strategic characteristics of both Sunset and its industry environment for the purposes of identifying and implementing key development initiatives that are within the performance capabilities of the organization.
- Communicate clearly our company focus along with a clear understanding of everyone’s role in achieving that end.
- Implement all processes and procedures necessary for corporate strategy fulfillment.
- Liaison with key external affiliate marketers, suppliers and customers.
- Identify, hire and support the personal skills development of our associates as needed for the smooth operation and growth of Sunset Neon.
- Serve as a role model within the company.
- Hold management accountable and seek out the best procedures and means of carrying out day-to-day functions.
- Be a crusader for continuous improvement and the implementation of an operating system quality/procedures standard.
- Communicate regularly with key stakeholders in the business development process.
- Achievement of overall budget in both sales growth and EBITDA profit.
- Communication and implementation of the annual growth strategy.
- Effectiveness in maintaining healthy and productive operational teams.
- Support and promotion of both safety and company Core Values.
- University Business Degree and/or equivalent general management experience.
- Five years exposure to a medium-sized production operation.
- Five years’ experience with P&L responsibilities in a multi-functional setting.
- Proven capability in planning, forecasting and budgeting profit centre.
- Sales experience with large retail operations as an attribute.
- Computer, project planning and ERP literacy.
- Communications skills in oral, written and presentation.
- Strong judgement in prioritization and personal time management.
- Leadership ability to pull together diverse groups and develop teamwork in pursuit of a common goal.
Please send resumes including cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org